Today was a much better day as my friend Abby watched Jacob for most of the day while I did some running around, then I came home and cleaned up all the dog poop. (fun, but it needed to be done), and cleaned the bathrooms and other stuff around the house, and her husband came and installed the gate at the top of the stairs into the wall. Then we had supper together and she joined me for the walk on the base with some of the other wives from Kent's unit! Jacob had a blast playing with his girlfriend all day and barely missed me. It was also neat that Abby got to see what I mean about my "curious" kid. I"m not crazy... Anyway, even though it was a great break, I"m exhausted from all the work I did today and need to get to bed soon. I"ll just upload a quick video of how good Jacob is getting at feeding himself, and then post it all!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
So, I'm really trying to stay on top of updating this regularly now that Kent has a working phone card and can check it. I've got a few neat pictures and videos from the last few days that are worth putting up. I"ll spare you all the photo of Jacob's humungous boogers that he keeps sneezing out! :) Things have been good. We spent the day at West Edmonton Mall on Monday with friends Eric and Darla, and their 2 kids. They have been up in the NWT since Eric joined the RCMP and are out on their vacation. It was nice to hang out with friends who "get it" about the military lifestyle, as Eric used to be in. The first pic is of Jacob visiting Olivia over the barrier we set up to keep her away from the jacuzzi tub, and the next ones are from just outside the little petting zoo that is set up in the mall.

Jacob is really into crawling up on things and pulling himself up at furniture and toys, as you'll see in the pictures. He's also into discovering and digging in drawers and baskets. He has discovered that there are lot's of fun things in the baskets at the front door, and that my car keys are on that bench, and are lot's of fun to chew on and bang against the floor. His exploratory nature has taken some getting used to, as we had an accident yesterday that could have been worse then it luckily was. 

For this next picture, All that needs to be said is Katie found one of Jacob's cars that I missed when cleaning up his toys from the front room..

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pics Kristine! Thanks for the update, you look great by the way! I think your hair is shorter than when we saw you - it looks really good! Jacob is getting cuter and cuter by the day, he's such a charmer!
Post a Comment