Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Katie and Mother Nature are almost on their last strike...

So if everything breaking and Katie digging another hole in the backyard wasn't enough, we're now in the midst of the biggest storm of the whole winter, and Katie decided it was time to chew a hole in the cover on her bed that Margery made. All I have to say is she's very lucky we love her so much.



Last Sunday, we were at a birthday party at Gymboree, and I was wearing capri pants in the plus 25 weather. This Sunday looked pretty much like today does...(see above). I wish to take back the sympathy I offered to those folks in Ottawa a month or so ago when they were getting all that snow. At least they're having spring now...

Before the snow, we were able to get out for a few more walks, and Jacob sure thinks that he could handle holding the leash...


So, Jacob has a new thing where he can't keep his eyes open until the picture is taken. This is only a sampling of the photos I took trying to get him to keep his eyes open..



Finally!
Jacob's new sleep position the other night. Last night he was perpindicular for most of the night, but at least he slept past 6 am. All I have to say is I'm glad we have a king in Florida, and I have no idea what we'll do in Sept.

Last night, I had to work to do the monthly toy wash, and so our friends Melissa and Terri so graciously agreed to babysit for me. This time at their place. Besides being a little scared of the little dog barks when we first got there, Jacob did great. And I've discovered that there is a bonus perk to getting a photographer friend to babysit.. you end up with some great shots on your camera afterwards! Thanks again Terri and Melissa! You guys are so awesome!



So, that's about it for the photos I wanted to add today! Kent has moved again, so we're not really sure how much access he'll get. As far as he is concerned, he's just fine with keeping busy to make the days go by faster. Only 35 more sleeps! And with this weather especially, I wish it was tomorrow.


I've got a few videos to put up that will do better at explaining the recent developments in Jacob. His vocabularly continues to grow, he's hillarious at getting himself down from standing (he's like his mum who just stops herself on skates by running into the boards), and he's really been figuring out how to play with his toys (the ball toys especially).








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures with his eyes closed are very cute!! He is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great videos once again Kristine! Thank you. I love you both so very much and can't wait for the next month to fly by and meet you in Florida.

Kent

Lindsay Margenau said...

Oh Kristine, I am thinking of you guys with all that snow! I know all too well how exhausting trekking through snow and cold can be with a little one, and I'm sure you are exhausted. Sending you some of our warm weather wishes (although we'll probably end up with that storm next week, right!). Hope you guys are managing ok!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this today (I always forget to check back!). He is such a cutie, all the sounds and playing he's doing. He's changed alot since we saw you guys in December! See you in a month!

Anonymous said...

Checked all your pictures and videos today while sitting in Toronto. Dad is at the Blue Jays game (an early Father's Day gift) I'm relaxing with a nice long hot bath and control of the remote!! as usual love seeing you and Jacob in all these great pictures. He's changing so fast it's hard to keep up!! Mum