Monday, March 10, 2008

Sick Baby + Sick Mummy -Daddy = no fun and no sleep

Hey there everyone! So it's been a few days again, but I have some new photos and videos to put up. Jacob and I have been very busy, but have also come down with a very nasty cold over the last few days.

Friday we went to the Mom, Pop, and Tots fair with some others from my mom's group, and we had a blast. Jacob got to play in the balls, look at some ponies and goats, and "participated" in a crawling race. I say it like that because he barely moved a foot (and it was out of the race area towards the stroller wheels). But he did win a cool bib that says "Zen baby" for participation! Mum also got to do a bit of shopping and do some research on a new set of cloth diapers. Luckily, Kent called a couple of times this weekend, so he got to have a say in whether we purchase them or not!
Anyway, It was at the fair that I started to lose my voice (Abby says I was talking too much about diapers). But she graciously watched Jacob while I went home to vaccum, and pick up Katie from daycare, and then they fed me supper. I honestly don't know what I'd do without Abby and Kurt. They have been so helpful and so welcoming of me and Jacob during this tour. She says that when Kent is home, we won't see the end of their daughter Rylea! Here's a video of their daughter Rylea and Jacob playing with his new toy:

Then Saturday we had a day at home. We skipped swimming lessons again this week because we were both to sick to go. We just relaxed at home and got ready for our company that night. We had 6 other spouses from Kent's unit over for a pot luck, and it was lot's of fun. Jacob decided to be a clown and get one of his puffed wheat in his nose. Sorry the pics are so blurry.


Then on Sunday, we had another pot luck brunch on the base for deployment families. It was nice, and great food again! Jacob had a blast watching all the big kids run around. Then we came home and got Katie and went to the off leash park with Jo-Ann and her dogs. This was the first time Jacob rode in just the stroller and got to watch all the dogs. I didn't have the camera with me, but got a nice picture of both of them post walk. I must have forgotten what spring is like down there. Katie didn't get a walk.. she got a swim... in all of the puddles. So much for the money I spent having her groomed on Friday.


Then today we just relaxed at home again and took a sick day. The rest of the week is going to be very busy, so I knew we needed a day at home to relax and get some things done on the to-do list around here.

Anyway, I better get to bed because I"m sure it'll be another long night.

2 comments:

Lindsay Margenau said...

Do I get input into the big cloth diaper decision?!? I say BUY THEM! You will love Fuzzi Bunz and other pocket dipes, they are so much fun... And besides, buying diapers is a hobby at our place, nothing needing a big decision... Buy them... buy them... buy them...!

Kristine said...

Kind of like baby carriers? haha I went ahead and started the process to order them! I know I'll love them, just hate the big expense up front. But Kent said that if I'm right that they'll be better then the ones we have, then he's all for it! I can't wait to get them! I honestly think I'll like them better then the disposables at night..